Friday, February 18, 2011

Play it as it Lays


Surely there are toilets to clean, bills to pay, kids to rinse, chores to cross off and a little bit of party planning begging for my attention this bleak, boorish Friday afternoon but Mama, she ain't hearing any of it. Why, you might wonder? Because for now, my bones are weak, recovering from a nasty flu, AND my rickety old record player has come back from the dead and has agreed to play all my favorite songs long into the evening, to welcome a much anticipated storm and warm the house while chicken soup comes together in the kitchen and a fire takes shape near the couch. Tomorrow. Tomorrow dutiful hands shall return. Windows shall be cleaned, laundry folded. For now, my records are lining up to take their turn.

First in line:



7 comments:

  1. Hope you soaked up your favourite tunes from your lovely record player and are feeling better today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for records!
    boo for being sick.

    just this morning i was staring at my bookcase and was looking at the different titles...play it as it lays (your book) stuck out to me. just thought it was ironic when i saw the title of this post.
    have a cozy weekend. we can't wait to see you all next week :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mannn... I just left a comment and just as I was going to type in the secret password my computer's battery pooped out! Let's start over... Hi Jess! hahah

    That setting sounds so ideal with the fireplace (I'm quite jealous- since mine just looks like a fireplace!), soup and music! Music has healing powers for sure (usually for the soul, but I hope it penetrates the flu on your behalf!!!) Feel better soon!- Can't wait for Rex's party!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great way to recover from the flu :) I love that many people still prefer the pleasure of putting on a record instead of using MP3s.
    Hope you feel better now! Thanks for your nice get-well-comment, I'm feeling much chipper today.

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! I love it! We need to get our record player working, the girls would get a kick out it :D

    Sorry you haven't been feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a portable record player. The sound quality isn't the best, but they sure are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Love that album. I hope you're feeling better!!
    It's a fine art being able to stop the world and finding a precious moment for yourself. Sounds like beloved tunes and wrapping up may be the perfect remedy for getting back on your feet!

    ReplyDelete