Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Carnival Affair: Rex Michael Turns One

In celebration of our youngest son's first birthday, we hosted an inside "carnival" for friends and family this past weekend, complete with a vintage popcorn machine, red vines,  whoopee pies, top hats, mustaches on a stick and a big top circus photo backdrop (which, as you can see below, may have provided more fun for the adults than the kiddies it was designed for) Aside from running out of pizza and little Rex feeling a bit under the weather (why do they always get sick for big events?!) the party was a success, and were happy to find we were not overwhelmed by loads of new toys, but received a perfect balance of books, clothes and adorable home made gifts from a handful of my super crafty friends including: Sam, Sara, Nicky@http://thestitchylife.blogspot.com/ and Anne@http://acupfullofsunshine.blogspot.com/. Thanks girls!

And with this, the birthday/holiday season finally comes to a close and our family can begin to relax a little before major spring cleaning comes into full effect the end of next month. Can't wait to tear into those closets and clear out this house to ready it for some room swaps and flooring. Lord knows we are long overdue. 































16 comments:

  1. Wow, so very cute! I love the photo of you little one crying at the photo booth. I'm a sucker for crying babies at their own parties. Awful, huh? Seriously, love all your vintage circus touches. I'll be "borrowing" for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just so dang creative...come bring some of that to my house would ya??? I could use it! I adore the circus pictures- that was a seriously fun photo booth. Why are moutaches so good??? Your circus theme from the handmade flags, to the globes, down to the chocolate dipped oeros was seriously fantastic! Love the shot of us too, of course!!! :D Hope Rex is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you're Anne and Nicky's friend! I like both of them so much! That's awesome. Your party looks sweet and creative and wonderful.

    So, I am doing a new series and I was hoping to ask you a few questions, but I can't find your e-mail address on your page. Could you send it to me? I'm at clairefcrawford@gmail.com.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had such a great time at the party! Everything was so wonderful, especially the photo booth with bow ties and mustaches. You have to email me that picture of Jos. Too cute!

    I'm glad you liked the stuffies and didn't think they were too creepy. I was really worried about that :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. such an adorable party! i especially love all the bow ties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New here but I just wanted to tell you how darling your son is. Happy Birthday to your baby boy!

    Very cute decorations and props..yummy cake.. wonderful photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! What a lucky little guy to have such a fun party. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that was a great party jessica! i dub you, "the party master" :D always fun with tasty food (especially cake balls!) and awesome decorations.
    so glad we were a part of it. happy birthday rex!

    i didn't get a pic of the shirt i gave rex. could you maybe send me one? i like to keep photos of my crafts :D thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so incredibly sweet ; )

    xo
    alexandra

    www.alexandragrecco.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a fun idea
    dallas
    http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. the bowtie?? too much!

    p.s. Check out my Nanette Lepore giveaway!

    http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. this looks like such a fun party! and seriously that bowtie amazing! love your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  13. How adorable...all of it...loved the B & w for the finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great theme! also, whoppie pies sound amazing! They must be an american thing as I've never heard of them over here. Best go wiki them. I love the little bowtie Rex is wearing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. WHAT A PARTY!!! this looks so amazing and each little detail is just adorable. it takes great skill to make something and create a theme that appeals to adults, kids, boys, girls, babies, EVERYONE at once. i salute you! the photo booth idea is too rad, and i just have to say what a bunch of BEAUTIFUL KIDS are in your group of friends. looks sooooo fun, i just love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I concur. A lovely, sweet, creative party for all! I love it!

    ReplyDelete