Monday, March 14, 2011

Craft Habits



Watching Arlo draw his ridiculously cute monster/robot folk the other day inspired me to try my hand at the old drawing skills. Turns out, sketching - a favorite childhood pastime of mine - is still a heck of a lot of fun!









Arlo was so impressed with Mommy's family portraits, he started a request list which included the smoke monster from LOST (we are currently attached to season 6, so the vision is fresh in his head)  Considering the delight it brought an otherwise empty afternoon, I'd say we will definitely be pulling the pens out more regularly for these types of simple sketch crafts. Perfecting those robot/monster/family portraits to hang somewhere. At some point. 





8 comments:

  1. SO VERY fantastic! And dang, I forgot how well you can draw- those are stinkin' adorable... cute little family portrait! Not to mention the spacey robots and others! I think I saw an old scrapbook you made that had really cool sketches and words/phrases/poems in it! Quite inspiring!!! I love watching how kids drawings morph from blobs to people, then to people with quite distinguishing features!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are absolutely brilliant - wish I could draw, but it ends up looking terrible :O) I am a great painter though ..
    Thanks for your comment on my blog - have a lovely day.
    A xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that your dog is named Bowie! These are adorable, especially though the two robots reaching for each other's hands. Awwww.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job girly!! I want a drawing of me from you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable drawings! never knew you had so many hidden (at least to me) talents. arlo's robots are rad. i remember max went through a huge robot drawing phrase.

    i was just going to post some of alex's drawings. children's art is the absolute best, always an inspiration to me :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a cool mum! :)
    I love the drawings! You both did a pretty amazing job! The scraggy robot-monster drawings look so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog so much that I gave you the Versatile Blogger award! Check it out and tell us more about yourself: http://anyaadores.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-very-first-blogger-award.html
    A xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got some great drawing skills as does Arlo. I love that he made a request list!

    ReplyDelete