Sunday, March 6, 2011

Friday's Thrift Finds

One of my best friends had a family yard sale this past Friday and was nice enough to let me in for a sneak peak beforehand. My picks included a very handsome leather book bag, which, when I got home, I realized I was in quite in love with not only because of it's handsome shape, but also because it is the perfect size for magazines and catalogs I normally leave home to eliminate bulk. 




In spite of my desperate plea to get rid of all the junk and excess crowding my home storage at the moment, I had a hard time passing up these few treasures. To my defense, I did leave behind two glass apple shaped nut trays I am trying very hard not to regret the morning after. I mean, it's hard to be selective when tables are stacked with 75 cent goods.

















9 comments:

  1. I wish there were more yard sales here in Germany! Unfortunately it's not common here, the people rather go to fleamarkets to sell their stuff.
    These are some great finds, I really love the bag and cardigan and the poetry book! Lovely little treasures!

    Happy Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a score on the book bag. So cute. And speaking of cute, I love Leon in the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sweater you got is GORGEOUS, lucky! it's so hard...i hate being a thrift-store junky...and it is def time to clean out the closets round here. make room for more beauties like these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. seriously awesome finds!
    i am fascinated by the cutwork-y aqua and nude colored garment. and the cardigan and any leather goods are total no-brainers, no matter how stuffed the closets :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, that cardigan! I too want to see more of that aqua and nude colored thingy, it looks amazing from what you've shown. So many wonderful goodies here :)

    By the way, I wanted to thank you for your sweet comment about my writing, it really made my day :) The writing part of blogging doesn't always come easily for me and can take quite a bit of effort (the pictures are the fun part), so it was really nice to hear someone say that they appreciate that effort :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice! everything you got is super cool!
    i just got a sweater very similar to yours last week! the aqua top looks like a beauty, can't wait to see it on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha we really are kindred spirits, I just published a blog post on weekend thrifting!!! You really found some amazing things at this little yard sale preview..... especially that lovely sweater! Here's to thrifting, and blogging and gals that love it as much as we do!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, that bag and black and red shirt are super cute... and the other's are also fantastic. I tried on "the green dress" from that sale cause I was going to wear it to church. Erick made the worst face at me! :( It's a no go, but some of the other ones are super fantastic! Leon is TOO STINKIN CUTE in the hat!!! I loved him walking around saying "Hi Mama." over and over!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete