Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spring Things

With only three days until Easter Sunday, we have lots to get done here in the Habit household. Egg coloring being the shining highlight on Friday night, as well as a handful of scattered egg hunts to follow. Other than trying to keep everything in order for Spring festivities, we are still attached to a major house cleanse (a feat taking far more energy, and focus than I had ever anticipated) on top of turning our home inside out. Not the most comfortable place to walk into at the moment. However, little gems like Helen Musselwhite's papered creations provide some sweet distraction. I've tried many times to choose a favorite from her site yet find it downright impossible. All these lovely little scenes I'd like to spend an afternoon inside of if I could. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Gaah! What a sweet spring scene. As for turning your home inside out, well not looking forward to that either on this end(I kind of secretly hate decorating. I wish I could just step into one of those hand-made homes books and be.). But I am looking forward to seeing what your house will look like when your done. I bet it shall be quite chic and tranquil, two things I shall not aspire to because I know they're unattainable for me ;D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH - I love the bunny and the pink whiskers - cutie :O)
    Have fun preparing for the festivities xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are FANTASTIC!!! Eek... eggs! I haven't even hollowed any out yet. Looks like we're having omelets tomorrow, and the day after, and...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These paper creations are so lovely and springy! I just learned today that you can dye eggs with using old silk neck ties. It basically transfers the pattern on the tie straight to the egg. I really want to try it out, I think a trip to the tie section at the thrift store is in order tomorrow! Have you heard of this?

    http://www.marthastewart.com/article/silk-tie-easter-eggs

    ReplyDelete