Monday, October 10, 2011

Home Works // Refinished Cart

Mike brought this old wooden cart home from one of his job sites over a year ago - per my request - and just recently got around to refinishing it (meaning light sanding to strip the spray paint across the front, and a coat of wax to seal it.) 

Originally, we planned on selling it but after seeing how nice it looked in our living room, we had a change of heart. And I have to say, the pictures don't do it much justice. The wood grain is more appealing in person. But you get the idea. 








Hope your Mondays are off to a good start,
xx
J

12 comments:

  1. wow that is truly a gorgeous addition and how clever of you to see its potential...i always admire that capacity! Rustic and elegant at once, perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it - A LOT. Gorgeous piece Jessica - glad you kept it.
    Happy tuesday,
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude! You never cease to amaze me with your fantastic taste! I LOVE the cart table- nice work (to Mike too) :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it looks so amazing as a coffee table! I wouldn't be willing to give it away after putting effort in refinishing it, it's too pretty to not keep it for yourselves :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool..I love it Jessica! A really unique industrial style piece that so compliments your living room. Glad you kept it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Raddest coffee table EVER. Great find and nice work on the refinish. It looks so lovely in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks guys! So happy we pulled it out and kept it. Feels like a rugged piece of art :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so beautiful! I would have kept it for myself, too!

    ReplyDelete