Monday, February 20, 2012

Overheard

"I was a stay at home mom my whole life. 
 It went by so fast. I can't believe it. 
 Makes me sad to think how fast it went. 
They all grew up. Just like that. 
So fast..."

Anonymous woman at the pharmacist this past Friday.
A voice I've been playing over and over in my head all weekend long, knowing, someday I will feel the same. As well as offering an obvious answer as to why we're all addicted to funny little things like Instagram (yes, I am fully addicted) - trying to freeze all the best moments in life we know to pass in the blink of any eye.

If we can't pause them, to fully embrace just how incredible they are, at least we have a photo to remind us?


Tell me I'm not the only one.

7 comments:

  1. So many moments of beauty! So important to slow down and really take it all in while we have the chance. Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear, you have the cutest little ones and they are going to be so grateful for all the adorable moments that you are capturing. You have such an eye; all your captures exude so much love. I also adored all the little valentines! I think giving those out is one of my favorite grade school memories. Trying to get back on the computer these days. I've been missing all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I struggle with this on a daily basis. But clearly, you are enjoying those moments. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think so much about how fast it's going already. Crazy and I know it's going to fly by (all the more reason to have a couple more :)). I'm totally obsessed with instagram and it's very unlike me to get into something like that. You're so right- trying to hold onto those little moments is a big part if it. Love your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are not the only one. I know it seems silly to say, but I am so thankful for instagram. What amazing memories we are holding on too (not only for us, but for them...) Whenever Hudson seems a bit annoyed with my excessive picture taking I always remind him that one day he will thank me for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. NO!! I seem to fill every electrical device I can get my hands on with pictures! It DOES go fast- shoot, Elsa's 9!!!!! We were just pregnant with Arlo and Olivia 5 minutes ago, no? Keep snappin' away Mama! Besides you take the best pics (not just instagram), you've got a knack for figuring interesting angles! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are not the only one. my son is 8. EIGHT!!!! it has gone so fast. too fast. and, that is exactly why i have been so insistent on not working outside our home, even though people like to give me serious shit for it. but, i refuse to give up one of what i already feel are too few moments with him. xoxo

    ReplyDelete