Thursday, April 12, 2012

Currently



Obsessing: Parenthood on Netflix. By far the most realistic show I've seen based on the complex dynamics involved with a big (close knit) family. Plus, the show is set in Berkeley and the soundtrack is really, really good. Still cannot believe I waited this long to watch.

Reading: (finally) Patti Smith's Just Kids. I know. It's the best. She's the best.

Loving: The idea of a big galvanized tub for backyard swimming this summer. I've seen them popping up all over the parenting blogs and keep thinking, gosh we've got to get us one of those!

Excited: To find our shop featured on Twiggy & Lou this week alongside all the other neat little shops unearthed on this blog on a weekly basis. 


Determined: To finish up the painting going on in this house before the month is up (although painting, with Rex is the house, is far more trying than I can possibly explain)


Delighted: To see that this exhibit made it to L.A and will be there long enough for me to make my way over. Can't wait.

5 comments:

  1. Love that chalk art- intense! Is it slate or chalk paint? I have trouble getting the paint clean when it's been so "exuberantly" drawn on. The Herb Ritts exhibit looks great. I saw a different collection of his work when it was shown in Boston a couple years ago and it was incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the Twiggy & Lou spot! Also, I've heard so many good things about the show Parenthood. Will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. M. Smith - the board is just painted plywood. Super simple and yes, it doesn't clean so well. BUT, I kinda like it foggy with color. Or at least I've come to accept it looking that way 98% of the time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep, just kids is on my never ending to-read list. every single person i know who read it absolutely loved it. but, i'm gathering you already know that ;D

    the herb ritts exhibit looks awesome. i will definitely be going to that!

    cute rex pics :) i imagine that painting with him home would be about as easy as painting with shane home. good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love parenthood! somehow i always end up crying when i watch it though haha.
    it's either so happy and sweet or so sad.
    or maybe i'm just too emotional... either way it's a great show!

    love that second picture! ha! always love a happy little babe.

    ReplyDelete