Thursday, May 3, 2012

Year's First Trip to the Beach

Was shorter, colder and later than usual. But a "first" all the same. A late afternoon run around the sand & playground, Mexican food at the taco place downtown to visit my niece at work, gum balls from an ancient robot dispenser at a nearby liquor store followed by a late night drop off of shop orders mixed with a brief visit with friends. It was the best little mid-week escape. Gave us all a taste of the sun soaked glory in store for us this summer, when RV season picks up and we pack up our bags to stake claim on a sandy bank at our favorite beach for weekend camp living.

Can't wait.




6 comments:

  1. Oh, this looks like so much fun! Andrew and I keep talking about when we will rent an RV to take the boys to see the Redwood forests and Grand Canyon. Looks like too much fun. Your boys are too great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it's going to be a fun summer! As a long time tent camper I've always been skeptical about RV's but since having Wyatt I totally get it. It would be so great to have a few more conveniences in the great outdoors (not to mention the set up and take down). Happy beach camping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a dream...i love our local beaches!! what a beautiful fam you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great group of Pics! My wife and I are going to set up a blog to document our travels this summer and we both really liked the layout of yours! We are long-time campers, and both really enjoy the relative "luxury" of an RV. The kids drive us crazy on the road sometimes, but since i work at Dish I bought the new Tailgater. It's a mini satellite Dish for the RV, and auto-tunes to our home TV. We do so much during the day that it's nice to unwind and let the kids watch a favorite DVR at night before bed! Anyway, happy travels :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. James, that sounds so cool! I totally see where a DVR would come in handy at the end of a long day at the beach. I'm thinking we may have to look into this, and please, when you do set up your blog, please let me know. I'd love to follow the adventures of fellow RVians :)

    ReplyDelete