Monday, July 30, 2012

Scenes From a Weekend

Our big weekend plans to head up to San Francisco with the Bordertown Saint's for their northern shows fell through when Mike ended up having to work. It was a trip we had both been looking forward to for months. Being stuck in town had us naturally feeling a little sorry for ourselves. To help ease the pain I headed down to L.A to visit with my friend Christina. We walked and shopped around Sliverlake, had dinner and drinks at Pete's downtown and breakfast at Millie's the following morning. The food was delicious and I came home with a couple sympathy trinkets but found myself still  mourning the loss of our much needed little get away. It's been a very hectic, slightly stressful summer. A little time "off" would do us all some good. 


Hopefully soon.





8 comments:

  1. Sorry you missed out on your trip up north. I must say though, that rooftop garden looks uncannily like my friend's old place in Coronado street....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man, it's so so important to take time, even just a little bit of it. I hope you get yours. Remember when you were young and summers just super chill? Where did they go...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, that stinks. Sorry your plans fell through. I would have had a bigger pity party than that, because I have major cabin fever and NEED to get away pretty often. But at least you got to hang with a friend! Hoping you get another chance to get away before the summer's through!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you get another chance! great photos & blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Friends and shopping always helps a little. By the way, simple but interesting shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm so sorry your trip fell through, that really sucks! i know you both needed it. :(

    on a brighter note i LOVE christina in that red lipstick! what a fun home she has.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a bummer about your trip, sorry to hear it. Sounds like you and your friend had a nice time though. Is that a new camera I spy? I'd love to meet you if you do make it up this way one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete