Sunday, August 26, 2012

Scenes From a Weekend // "Mothers"


A night on the town, to see our boy's play our favorite bar this Saturday. Mother's Tavern in Sunset beach. A dinky red shack across from the beach where the music is loud and the peanuts aplenty. One of those places you can't help but fall in love with because of it's tattered gingham curtains, leopard bras stapled to the ratters, beer in mason jars, and pretty bartenders. It's darn small, which makes it even more homey. Always a good time. Especially considering how rare it is that Nicky, Anne, and I make it out together these days to these kinds of things (sitters get tougher the more children you have) -- to top it off, my lovely niece came to join us as well which made for a perfectly fun evening. We even managed to sneak in some silly photos together in between sets. I have a whole series on my phone that I should probably share as "outtakes" later this week because they're pretty cute.

Later that night we made it over to this gal's house for her annual end of summer bash where I was reunited with an old friend I grew up with but haven't seen since high school! Have to say it was the highlight of my week. And yes, apparently ALL of my friends keep blogs.

In other less exciting news, my car has been out of commission for the past 3 days. It's starting to wear on me. Plus I just realized I'm flat out of diapers. . .

Potty training (hard core) just might start tomorrow. . .

11 comments:

  1. yes, what a FUN day that was! but, i think going to mother's is a guaranteed good time, right? great photos. and you should definitely do an outtakes post. i have some funny ones on my phone as well.

    ps- i found my necklace. phew! it fell of in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this. I need to see this bar, or better yet have a beer there. reminds me of the maverick, up here in Santa Ynez!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moms just want to have fun! This place sounds awesome. In the immortal words of Liz Lemon: "I want to go to there!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. not a single friend of mine has a blog. which is why i- of course- had to make a few new friends with some of my 'url pals' :). my irl friends don't really get it. sadly. {hope your car gets fixed soon!}

    ReplyDelete
  5. well I'm happy to be a url friend Torrie!


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, bring on the outtakes! Seriously, if we ever get a Socal meetup together, I think Mother's should definitely be involved. I want to join this matching sandal club you and Anne got goin', so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. luv your shirt!!!! like kind of obsessed

    ReplyDelete
  8. No way!! This used to be my Sunday hangout when I lived in Huntington! Is the cheetah print bra still hanging up? A cute little old lady was proud to tell me it was hers one Sunday afternoon listening to some live blues...I miss that place

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha! I wrote my first comment before I read your whole blog post! I got too excited once I saw you were at Mothers :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It WAS awesome! I need to move back. It almost got closed down. I'm so glad to hear its still there :)

    ReplyDelete