Friday, September 14, 2012

FOUR

Yesterday Leon turned four. A milestone he's been anticipating for months. Because he is having a full blown party - a party that he planned entirely, inviting everyone from the del taco drive through cashier, to the custodian at Arlo's school - at the end of the month, we kept the celebration to a minimal. Candles in Reece's cups for breakfast and later cupcakes in the afternoon at school with Grandma, his cousin and Rex. He was so excited to be "King for a Day" at preschool. We sat in and watched them sing songs and give thanks in prayer for their special treats. It was so neat to watch him interact as a student, and a leader there in a setting otherwise unknown to us. We are so proud of our boy. He has always been an incredibly sweet, odd little baby, who's always done everything in his own time, in his own way. No matter what, he's always been his own person and I think everyone in his life admires that most about him.

He is my sweetest boy. He is my most polite boy. He is the funniest person I know without meaning to be. He is handsome and kind. He tells his pillow he loves it at night, and tells me I am pretty daily, and he looks up to his big brother more than Arlo will probably ever know.

And now, he is four.
And he is pretty darn happy about it.


Happy birthday Leon Thomas.
Party countdown starts now.

13 comments:

  1. happy birthday, leon! i heart him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know him in 'real' life but I am so smitten with this kid...his personality shines thru your photographs of him! happy birthday to Leon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Leon! :) He's the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Happy Birthday! I hope the party is everything he hopes for and more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. he is such a sweetie! happy birthday leon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! I love your teepees in the background!

    Theresa
    http://bomamm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Leon! What a cutie!

    It's crazy, but it sounds like you are describing my middle boy! Those middle children definitely march to the beat of their own drum (as a middle child, I can say that). Hope he had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Leon! He is such a cutie! Sounds like such a sweet and caring boy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, leon. you move me. so much love sent your way. happy four years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! I love stories about how birthdays were spent ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, totally adorable - love that Leon loves his pillow and tells mamma she is pretty too. Makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday Leon! I follow you on instagram and have fallen in love with the cuteness of your boys, especially this little fella! I am a mom to 2 little girls and you are sure tempting me to try for a boy one day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is so sweet Diana!

      Boys are "fun" and crazy :)

      I'd love a little girl one day too.


      Thank you for keeping up with us and sharing your kind words. I appreciate it.

      Delete