Monday, October 1, 2012

A Birthday

This sunday we finally celebrated Leon's 4th birthday with a big party at our home. Typically we tend to throw one giant first birthday party and then downsize the years thereafter, BUT this time Leon decided on a big party, and became downright obsessed with hosting a proper celebration - inviting everyone he's met in the past few months, picking out what he wanted for his friends and their goody bags, and talking about all the details non-stop to whomever would listen. Countless times I've heard him rushing to the window at 6am to call out and remind a neighbor about the party, reassuring them (and himself) that it was in fact still happening. 

Needless to say, it was a lot of people. Mike and I come from decent sized families, with lots of kids, so no matter what we do it involves a big group. I didn't have much time to snap quality shots like I had hoped, but I wanted to share the few that I do have because it really was a blast, a great day in honor of a great boy who is now officially a "kid." 



Now that it's over and done with we plan on taking it easy this month. Just a couple engagements and hopefully time to stock our shop before the holiday season hits us full force. A season that is sneaking up far faster than I care to readily admit. Fingers crossed we will be more organized this year. 


13 comments:

  1. what a fiesta! awesome. i bet he was soooo content going to bed that night :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. heather, totally! he's actually yet to fully recover, which means it must have been a success :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a marvelous time! Leon seems like such a little character! (And I love the wrapping on those gifts!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your big boy :)
    Looks like a great party Jessica,
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the simple yet sweet tissue paper garland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like it was a perfect celebration! and what a small world! mike Mc used to be in a band with my husband

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like such a fun party. You have a great collection of friends (at least it looks like it in the photos!) and Leon seems like one of those kid's that has so much personality I can see it even in pictures. Happy birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! i just wanted to comment about the pic that you had before where your husband was playing guitar and rex was sitting next to me with the face of ( now i have to listen to them ahggg) i loved it. i guess you took it down ;( it was a very good cought moment. I love you photos very much. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI La Grilla - you're right, that was a good picture. I guess I just wasn't happy with what I shot at the party (as if that's even possible while hosting a big kiddie bash) so I'll put it back up.

    Thank you for that.

    xx
    J

    ReplyDelete