Sunday, November 18, 2012

Scenes From A Weekend // Roadside Woodmen

Sunday, while Mike was busy sanding wood poles and organizing his work space, I decided to take the boys down the street to a local wine and cheese stop to set up shop selling what teepee scraps they had gathered and wrapped in burlap to sell as firewood this past week. 5 dollars a bundle, with all proceeds heading to a local charity (This idea didn't immediately sit well with Arlo, but after a little explaining, he started to see how important it is to give as well as receive this time of year) and eventually, even seemed pretty excited about it. 

They didn't sell much, but it was a fun two hours waving at cars and snacking on some of the fancy candy from down the road. And, obviously the lesson involved was worth much more than what was filling their little tin jug at the end of the day anyway. 



Tonight, we'll make use of our own wood stockpile. A warm fire and some pumpkin bread awaits. Arlo has this next week off, so we've got some fun things in store as well as counting down the days till our favorite Thanksgiving feast. Man, I love this season. 













11 comments:

  1. What a great idea!! I would have definitely stopped to buy some from your boys. Seems like a great spot to sell it too. (I actually lived in that same area as a kid.) Your boys are so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are desperately in need of kindling, how i would have loved to patronize your little salesmen's venture. i love their country bandanas and the cute red and white bunting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want your family to adopt me so I can be in all these pretty pictures. And hang out with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we'll adopt you & you can be the stand in daughter (or nanny) I don't have, N. Pretty sure you are exactly what I'd be hoping for in either position. And, We'd have fun.

      Delete
  4. too cute! Who wouldn't buy kindling from these adorable lil cowboys!?!?!? And what a good lesson to teach the wee ones. Happy Thanksgiving for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, such amazing pictures to go with a great little story! Good job boys! Good job mama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, such amazing pictures to go with a great little story! Good job boys! Good job mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! I love your pants, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the good, hard work that makes good, kind men. You're a fantastic human bean ;b

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable! I would have definitely stopped by to buy firewood from them! Just stumbled across your blog for the first time and it looks like you live where I grew up- is that Corona, CA? I lived there and Riverside my entire life and just recently moved to Wyoming with my husband- big change but loving it :)

    ReplyDelete