Saturday, November 3, 2012

Every year, for the past three years or so, I've made it a tradition to pick out one, or a few presents for myself, on my birthday (which is really still a week away) The reason behind it being: I have a hard time buying things for ME (when it doesn't directly involve the house or family anyway) without feeling guilty about it. I always figure someone else in the family needs something more important, and usually, most times they do. I rarely shop for shoes or clothing and when I do, it's random thrift picks or handmedowns from a friend's overstuffed closet (which I always adore)

This is why this time of year I look forward to picking out some things I've been eying or wanting for months.

The goods this round being: 

The Straw Purse I've been promising myself I would stumble upon at some point at the Goodwill but never did. In steps Etsy. 

Kinfolk Magazine 

THIS incredibly attractive sweater I feel head over heels in love with at first glance. 

* This landcamera was techincally a gift from a sweet friend on my last trip to the desert but I had been pining for one like this for ages so I wanted to share anyway.

The Ikea task lamp that seems to look perfect in every corner of every room, making it very difficult to station it's final "place" 

* I also splurged on a very fine leather camera strap but that won't be ready for awhile so I'll have to share it when it does. 



Happy Saturday!



11 comments:

  1. I found that same purse thrifting, loved it forever and one day the strap broke. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, everyone else finds these while thrifting - except me. And you're right the straps always break. This one is in great shape. I need to be gentle with it.

      Delete
    2. my strap broke as well but i sewed back together. so glad i didn't have to get rid of it!

      all your birthday picks are great! i hope to get to celebrate your day with you :D

      Delete
  2. Glad to know I'm not the only mom who thinks that way. I've always picked something up for myself and put it back down by the time we leave the store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had to mend a number of these babies. If you use a kind of re-inforcer button, or in this case a piece of leather on the inside of the basket, it helps the straps hold. It's a little bit of work but so worth it. Happy Early Birthday! I hope it's splendiferous! Buying presents for oneself is a pretty awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too! I don't usually by myself anything for my birthdays but my recent one - I finally splurged and got myself a refurbished DSLR! I still sort of feel guilty about it, especially now that we have to shell out a lot of money to get our car fixed. Something I didn't anticipate. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete