Stuck ON:

Vintage Land Rover


Typically I don't pay much mind to the various car phases Mike falls in and out of. We've owned some pretty cool automobiles in our time together - some of which I became very attached to - and others I didn't mind seeing roll out of our drive-way and into someone else's.

The old Land Rover, however, stopped me dead in my tracks when a series of text messaged photos came through last week, explaining it's history, build and evolution through the years. Naturally Mike already knows everything about the old Rovers, and is verging on the side of 'obsessed' All I know is that it's a big, beautiful car that looks as if it fell straight out of a Wes Anderson flick, or open road safari. The ultimate familymobile if I've ever seen one.

I don't know if in fact we might ever own one. But I can assure you I'm not standing in the way of the hunt. They aren't cheap, but usually, somehow, he finds a way.

This time, my fingers are crossed.
Even if it means giving up our beloved bus.