Another weekend here, on the sands at San Onofre.
No place better to spend a Sunday.
- a long nap (for me) in the sun
- scoring the shady spot under one of our very favorite palm hunts to house our little party
- the boys studying a leopard shark & bat ray that had washed up on shore
- bamboo forts they made, and spear fishing attempts later after they'd grown bored of the sand stuff
- jack wandering happily around shallow waters at the shore
- chicken tacos & guacamole from Pedro's
- vanilla ice cream from the newly parked food truck parked along that dirt strip
- a parade of rusted combis in every color imaginable, lining the whole beach
- friends and their salted cucumber snack plates
- exhausted, sun drenched boys falling soundly into bed just after dark, freeing up my night for a slice of pizza and a quiet house to enjoy Mad Men.
We hope to be back this way this weekend.
And every Sunday thereafter if we could.