Tuesday, December 15, 2015


"If I got a phone I would not be on it all the time you can set boundaries for me. Lately my grades have been really good. I've been getting As and Bs. I caught up on my reading to. The main reson I want a phone is so I can call people like grandma my friends and you and dad. It I had a phone I could watch my brothers. you could drop me off places. I would pay for my own service and if I got a phone I would call you when were waiting for you to pick up up. I could be found if I was missing by tracking it down. If I had a phone I would prove I can be responsible. Please. I will keep my chores going like feeding jack, taking out trash, and doing dishes."


- Arlo's essay on why he should be allowed a phone. 12 / 08 / 15

7 comments:

  1. What a charming boy. :) And the answer is....?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO, though I know I'm not far off from such a request. Though if I may, I have another suggestion. My son (8) was asking at the end of the summer for an ipad. He had all the reasons and wanted to even buy it himself by doing extra chores for us and the grandparents to help add to his piggy bank stash for it. He ended up saving $150 himself and he found a used one online for $180, we only kicked in the extra $30. He doesn't have a plan, so it only works off of wifi of where he is. He can facetime, email or text on it. Also it turns out that this year, he has 3 different computer programs that he needs to do daily for homework and the apps for the programs are all available on the ipad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is sweet. And so familiar, sounds just like Athena...this age <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I think Arlo deserves a phone. There is definitely constructive reasoning behind his request.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete