I came across another version of this list on Facebook last week and had to tweak it just a bit to add my own take on it because it's just too much fun to sit and consider all the extinct aspects of growing pains that are now long forgotten.
Feel free to add more in comment section below.
1. The thrill of Blockbuster on Friday night (and the heat ache of intended flicks being sold out) and forever big eyes for the ever changing row of "NEW RELEASES"
2. Call waiting. And, "waiting" In general . . .
3. The blood sweat and tears that go into mixed tapes for the loved ones you hope will cherish it.
4. TV Guide
5. A ninth planet
6. The high that comes with seeing your note makes it ALL the way across the classroom without being confiscated.
7. The cow themed box of a new gateway computer
8. The God awful sound of a busy signal bleating a phone line
9. Finding friends in the phone book
10. The art of the encyclopedia
11. The stress in trying to save yourself (and a wagon full of kids you acquired) along the Oregon Trail.
12. Prank calls with no strings (or tracking) attached
13 Taking your film to be developed and finding that 90 percent of your photos are blurry are just no good.
14. Waiting an hour to download one song (illegally) on your parents computer
15. Videos on MTV
16. Scrounging spare change for pay phones at the movie theater to assure your parents you lived through Pee Wee's Big Adventure.
17. Camping out for concerts that sell out regardless
18. The horror of an Unrewond VHS
19. Getting lost with printed directions from Map Quest
20. Getting the last number wrong on a landline phone
21. The fickle fact of TV antennas
22. Missing your favorite show
23. Talking to the hand
24. Pepsi Clear
25. DIAL UP INERNET
26. The unmatched thrill of discovering hidden tracks on CDS
27. 911 Alerts on your beeper
29. Glamour Shots
30. Not knowing the lyrics to a song
31. Ronald McDonald and Michael Jackson
32. One shoulder overalls
34. Family Ties, Gem, Kids Incorporated, Punky, Charles in Charge, Different Strokes, Webster, (ect, ect)
35. Not having your entire childhood documented online
Labels: Pop Culture